Top 5 Major-League Sports Logos
1. Milwaukee Brewers – An ‘M’ and a ‘b’ formed to look like a baseball glove catching a ball. Best logo design ever.
2. Hartford Whalers – Then Green ‘W’ and Blue tail fin of a Whale form the white ‘H’ in the middle. Again, fantastic design. Also, immortalized in one of the greatest lines in film. “Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ’s sake. It’s only the second period and I’m up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, “the Whale,” they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime”
3. Montreal Expos – An eMb make up this logo, which stands for Expos de Montréal Baseball.
4. Detroit Red Wings – The Motor City is well represented by the automobile tire with wings.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers – I may be partial to this for many reasons, however, using the ‘Steel’ logo and color scheme as the base of this design represents the Steel City and its team.